Information about the use of Drones in Arthur’s Pass National Park

We’ve had a few guests making bookings and asking about where they can use a drone.  Here is some recent information and a link for further ino

Can I operate over Department of Conservation land, such as parks, walking tracks or lakes? What about council land?

Part of flying a drone responsibly means you must have permission from landowners before you fly over their property – that includes conservation and council land. See the property owner consent information page at for the details of DoC and New Zealand councils’ consent processes.

All drone pilots must have a concession (a permit) from the Department of Conservation (DoC) to fly a drone of any size on public conservation land. Also see the section CAR 101.207(a)(1) in the advisory circular AC101-1 for guidance around getting property owners’ consent.